2.20.2008

hughie is sick


look at those eyes...
aren't they so sad?
hughie got his first fever on monday. I have been dreading his first illness, but at least it came when he was a little bit older (older than 3 months) and when he has a little bit of chub to spare. It is so sad to see your little one sick. he was so hot from his fever and would just wimper all day long. If I laid him down he would wimper for me to pick him back up... when we would make eye contact he would give me this look like, "help me, momma." It was so sad!
The fever lasted for two days. This morning so far...he has been fever free. He now has a cough, a boogary nose, and a hoarse voice.....but the smile has returned.
It is crazy how much I love this little boy. Sunday night I tossed and turned and was feeling hot and cold with chills. I was worried that I was getting sick with the flu. then monday morning hughie wasn't acting like himself, took his temperature---- fever---- and I forgot all about my achey body and panicked over him!
Don't worry, we cuddled in bed together!

6 comments:

The McClellan Family said...

I hate when they get sick! Kate was sick all Christmas break. I think she had three different things from all the cousins that were running around. She had a nasty croup cough that took 3-4 wks to go away! I'm happy to hear he feels better:)

Shelby said...

That adorable picture makes me want to eat him up. That is so sad and yet so cute all at once. Glad things are making a turn for the better.

Katie Webb said...

Now with a boogery nose, Hughie can try to follow in his mommy's footsteps. I have so many great memories of you congested as a kid. Do you remember throwing all the kleenexes on Marissa's table that one night? We must have been in elementary school. Seriously though, it is so sad when they get sick that little, cause you can just tell that they have no idea why they feel that way and you just want to make them feel better. You are such a cute mom though. I usually still feel sorry for myself when I am sick.

Miche said...

What a heart-breaker! I know how you feel, you just want to hold them all night. He is the cutest little thing! Are those blue eyes I see?!!

Unknown said...

Oh those eyes just wrap you around his little finger I bet! How adorable! I am glad he is feeling better.

Church Family said...

Oh Becca, I remember how nervous I was for that first illness when I had EJ and even still there is nothing like seeing your sweet baby sick. I am so glad he is doing better now. Whit has had a fever the last 3 days and it really wiped him out-as in walking zombie. He said he has so much more sympathy and patience for our kids when they are ill. I am glad you all made it thru.