Just wanted to shout out a Happy Birthday to my sissy! (Feb 3rd)She is the best sister and I couldn't get along without her! Here are a few reasons why i love my sista...sta.
It is crazy to think of the Junior High days when I used to steal her clothes to wear to school and she would see me in the hall and demand "take that off!" (don't worry i kept my clothes on...) or the times when we would both be pulling eachother's hair waiting for the other to let go first, or the times when I used to call our second line and yell to her "phone's for you...it's a boy...." and then hang up so no one was on the line, or playing endless hours of "school" in her room (equipped with a chalkboard) where we would sometimes hold classes for the deaf and "sign" our prepared lesson, or dancing in the gym where I vividly remember her teaching me how to do a turn/axil for the first time and the cheer moves to the olympus jr. fight song.
I begged her to teach me the words to "rufus, rustus, johnson, brown, dadada....what ya gonna do when the rent comes round" and "she's like the wind" (from dirty dancing). She was always so dedicated to working out and still is!! I miss having her as my personal motivator to work out. I need you sissy! Oh the days when we stepped it up to our jane fonda videos in her room or when we would get our butts kicked by Kristy's class at the sports mall. Then there were the times when I would fall asleep on her bed as I watched her work out. ha.ha.
She is so high fashion! I never thought this day would come back in the banana T-shirt and umbro shorts days....but she came out! She shops at Ross and somehow finds the CUTEST clothes and puts them all together into outfits. Whenever I go visit I always want to raid her closet and borrow her clothes. (not much has changed since the junior high days)
She is so fun to laugh with. She has a loud laugh that is so fun and contagious. I remember when we went to houston for dirk & emily's wedding --Kate & Jason, and Devin & I shared a room. We were like little girls at a slumber party that night... giggling in to the wee hours about old memories.
She would always take me on "drive-bys" in high school past certain boy's houses, we would lay out (according to kate proper grammer is "lie out") all summer long/put peroxide in our hair, she taught me to love stomps and dancing -- she always has the best moves (it sounds corny, but it's true) She got me to come out of my shell and let loose (kate -- I've crawled back in, unfortunatley)I always told her that she was every guy's dream girl...She loves sports and always would get mad at me for talking too much at the Jazz games. "Watch the game" would be her reply. She would wake up early before school so she could read the sports section and watch ESPN sports center on her own. (Devin...stop drooling.) She has NBA scrapbooks.
"let's be honest" "shut it down" "rear" "kill it" "EQP"
living in london together, trips to boston, prague, DC, San Diego
What would I do without my sister??
Too bad you live so far away....but there is always the direct flight from Omaha to AZ!!
I love you, kate (aka katie, CAB...katekateCABACABA)
You are the best sister and my best friend. Hope this year brings you as much fun as you are!
6 comments:
thanks for all of the nice things that you said about me. That was really sweet! You are so thoughtful! I love you too (and miss you and Hughie a great deal)!
Oh... so cute! I want to add in to memory lane of Kate! I was lauging so hard reading all of that, it reminded me of my sista! Kate, my fondest memories of you are big business, Olympics in Ogden, Mousersize,learning dances and singing "Oh miss Cordillia Drexel Bittle... I thought I knew you WEEEEELLLLL! Hee hee! Love you Kate! Happy Birthday!
-Ash
Becca aren't sister fabulous! It sounds like you and her are way close and have some totally fun memories. well I am glad that you are coming and getting toned for the summer clothes!
I died of laughter at you title...I had to read on. Yep Sister....sta! I miss you. When do you get to visit again???
Kelly
P.S. Hughie is so cute and just reminds me of Cohen so much! They will be busom budies one day
Becca I don't mean to crash your sister's post - which by the way is adorable and made me think of my sisters a lot, so happy birthday Katie - but I just found your blog. Your baby is adorable and I'm so glad you are all so happy. Matt's graduating from dental school in May so I laughed out loud at your attempt to drill a tooth - not that I've ever tried, but I remember when Matt was learning our first year and the hours he would spend at hte lab doing whatever they do there. I hope you don't mind me popping in to say hey occassionally!
Becca I loved reading this about Kate! I have fond memories of playing "school" in her room too! I need you to send me your email (and Katie's too) so that I can invite you to my blog! I love Hugh's haircut!
gustafson.laurie@gmail.com
Oh, and how is school going for Devin?
Post a Comment