2.25.2008

my man tag



What is his name? Devin Thomas Matsumori, Debo, Deebsies, Devy, Debois
How long have you been married? 4 years
How long did you date? We dated for a year our freshman year at BYU, wrote letters for 3 years during our missions, then dated for 8 months before getting married
Who said I love you first? Devin, but i quickly said it back
Who is taller? Devin
Who can sing better? for sure devin! He loves to sing... especially when he has never heard the song before - he will sing along like it is his favorite song. He is also really good at singing hymns- he will switch back and forth between the different parts. (it throws me off sometimes because i can't sing worth anything and sometimes can't stay with the melody when he is switching around) He also likes to belt it out to the radio. I sometimes have to turn it up so i can hear the music over him! (we are not loving the omaha radio...it seems they only play old songs. does anyone have a good station?)
Who is smarter? Devin will say me, but I know for sure it is him! He is working so hard in dental school and goes on & on about all this dental lingo and I don't have a clue what he is talking about. He is also my electronic guru. He always helps me navigate the computer, dvd, remote, camera, etc. He does the taxes. When my mom calls she asks for devin or just straight out calls him first to talk financial! I think our noggins' compliment each other.
Who does the laundry? I do. Devin will help me fold sometimes, but his beautifully folded clothes never make it out of the basket into the drawers!
Who pays the bills? I do. And I spend all the money, too!!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Devin does. We switched when Hughie was born so I could be closer to the squawking baby!
Who mows the lawn? The village green maitenance man...but devin did and will in the future.
Who cooks dinner? I do, but I do reserve certain dishes for devin to make. He makes really good curry, spam musubi, Thanksgiving yams, mashed potatoes, and he made tasty gyoza last night. I do the cooking, but devin is so fun to cook for! He really enjoys food...and I mean really enjoys it! He always makes all the hard work worth it with his ooh's and ahh's while eating.

Who drives? devin does. I am usually sitting in the passenger seat letting out an occasional gasp or shriek because i get nervous...
Who is more stubborn? I for sure am. He is always the one who humbles himself and say sorry first.
Who kissed who first? Devin kissed me first our freshman year. I did have to stick my face out there in prime positioning for him. After the mission... I guess it was kind of me who kissed him first. The kiss was mutual, but I made the first move!
Who asked who out first? I asked devin out on our first date. We went to a Peter Breinholt concert at the outdoor Sundance Theater in Provo Canyon on a group date with a bunch of my friends.
Who proposed? Devin. He proposed at the spot of our first date - sundance theater.

Who has more siblings? We both come from families of 5 kids...but I have two families! ..So me.

Who wears the pants? We wear the pants in different ways. I do my thing and he does his and we come together to make it work. I guess we each wear a leg.
I tag Kelly, Melissa, & Miche

2 comments:

Angie said...

cute post! isn't it fun to learn about other people's part and how they met.

Jason and Kate said...

I did a post like this in August 2007. It wasn't as detailed as yours but it had a lot of the same questions. Check it out!