2.25.2008

Isn't it so fun to fall in love??
It is so exciting and amazing to feel all giddy and wonderful inside when you start to fall in love. You just can't get enough...
When devin and I first met I walked into the room just as he was SLURPING up a huge bowl of Ramen noodles...(and if you have seen devin eat ramen noodles then you will know that the "all caps" was needed)... so needless to say it wasn't love at first sight. But we were quickly drawn to one another. We spent hours talking outside his dorm on the fire escape, emailing, and really getting to know each other....but we never touched. Not even a friendly handshake or anything.
One night, we were on a group date with some friends, and we were standing around at coldstone deciding where/what we were going to do next. Devin and I were standing next to each other and I looked one way and he looked another way.....well anyway... our little pinky fingers slid ever so slightly past each other and touched! That was it... just two little pinky fingers brushing past each other..... but it was AMAZING! It sent chills up and down my spine
Sparks were flying. I knew this was something very real. Something I had never experienced before.
And from that moment on I have never been able to get enough of Devin. He cheers me up, cheers me on, makes me laugh, leads our family toward what is most important, loves his little hughie and takes good care of me! I love you so much, Devy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

little moments like pinkies touching are the best. (kyle and I had something like that to get things started for us too)
You are too cute Becca and have such a cute family!

Ashley K. said...

I love it! You are so cute... I love to read your blog. I am glad that we can keep up on each others lives through this...

Kimberlee said...

Becca, I love the way you write on your blog. I can just hear you telling me the story about your pinky's touching and the expressions on your face...I LOVE IT!

Church Family said...

Becca you are such a great person. Devon is such a lucky husband to have such a wonderful wife. You have a special talent for capturing in words the essence of moments that make them seem as special as they really are. Thanks for the peek into your life out there on the plains we love it.
Laura