So the other night devin and I sat down for dinner. keep in mind devin had been home for about and hour and a half by now... playing with hughie and chatting with me while i was making dinner. After we said the prayer and were getting ready to dig in he looked at me and asked, "Why is your hair to the side like that?"
I didn't quite know what he meant. I told him that I had hurriedly clipped it back right before he got home while taking care of hughie because it was in my face and bugging me. He responded, "i have never seen it like that before." ha! Anyways - I understood more clearly after looking in the mirror. I couldn't help, but love the funny way devin inquired about my hairstyle. I'm bringing back the 80's!GooD B00K
I just finished reading the Kite Runner last week. I know I am a little behind the times...but Devin finally convinced me to read it and I loved it! It has been a long time since I have been caught up in a really good book. (I have been reading hypnobirthing, what to expect the first year, and every other book under the sun on how to get your baby to sleep, etc.) It definately has some intense parts...but I love how the story keeps changing and twisting and reincorporating the past. It has moments of sadness and moments of love captured up in a great story. SWEeT DReaMS
An update on the hughster...he has slept through the night x 2!! (not in a row, but i will take it) Now if we can just get mommy to sleep through the night... I still have to check on him and usually wake up when he "would" be waking up, etc. I don't know what happened, but he decided to sleep through the night one day. He has been gradually working up to it little by little and one night he just decided to sleep on through. It didn't even require a "cry it out" session. I have every sleep theory (babywise, healthy sleep habits, baby whisperer, etc) churning around in my head (which all contradict by the way...) that i have mixed up into my own stew. And it doesn't hurt that I have an angel baby to begin with.
I don't know if these sleep habits are here to stay, but let's hope!
I was trying to get a good shot of his adorable smile session when he wakes up from his nap...but all i could capture was this funny look.
12 comments:
love the hair...yours and hughie's! he's got a little mohawk going on. that is awesome he is sleeping through the night too! i remember when weston starting sleeping through i was more tired during the day from "too much sleep" i was just so use to waking up. hopefully you will catch some zzzs soon.
Way to go Hughie! Love the hairdo. His face is so cute!
if you liked kite runner you should read a thousand splendid suns. It's fabulous as well (but sad too)!
I'm lovin the hair girlfriend! You should rock the side pony more often! Ha Ha....I love it when Sam points things out like that to me....like are you really wearing that....ya its cute. Love those comments...gotta just laugh and roll with it...so wear the side pony more often!
Miss you guys!
Cami
Don't worry my hair often looks like that-somedays I just can't seem to make it out of my pajamas! I love hughie's chubby cheeks!
Becca, I am glad to see that other mothers have silly hair! Hughie is the cutest! I remember trying to catch Thomas' smiles...impossible! Finally, I am so glad you read the kite runner...so intense and thought provoking!
Thanks Becca, I needed a good book to read. I LOVE the hairdo. If only mine looked THAT good, I'd be happy with my mommy-do. P.S. Don't be mad, but I tagged you. Read my blog for the info!
You make me laugh! p.s. I tagged you too... oops!
Yeah Becca! A good nights sleep makes life so much better. I personally like the side ponytail...way in style!! Is work going any better for you?
Kelly
That is pretty much the hottest hair I have seen since Napolean Dynamite. Don't you know you are supposed to cook, clean, and have your hair done perfectly, all at the same time? Good thing you didn't grow up in the '80s.
Cute hair! i also love the post to your sister. I really miss having my sister around also. Check out our blog when you get the time.
Angie Taff
Ha! You make me laugh so hard! ;) At least your husband comments on your hair spiked up...sometimes I'll go the whole night with some chucked back hair and when I go to look in the mirror later I wonder why Lee never said anything!! :)
Hope you have a great Valentine's with your little one. He is such a doll.
Post a Comment